October 26, 2015: Our guest speaker was Chris Bryant a capital district membership chair and member or the Kiwanis Club of Lynchburg. He is also Lt. Governor Division 15. His inspirational speech included techniques such as"Stop the drops" to save people from leaving you club. He discussed Membership activities as follows:
- Dedication by a meeting to do a club assessment/ survey.
- Performing Community analysis. Who are most influential people in community. Meet with people to assess community needs. Necessary Paperwork is on the Kiwanis website.
- Review findings at a board meeting
- Follow up with people who provide input. Can solicit for members from their organization to help
- Collaboration- partners, look for the busy yes people. Never say no for someone else. Other organizations can recommend members. Word of mouth is most effective
- Recruiting drive, open house. Remember campaign for past members
- Corporate members that company may want to sponsor them
- Have other organizations join in on activities like the parade
- Satellites. Maybe can meet on Monday nights. Meet at alternative times like a committee
- Sell the international activities world wide
- Events can be friend-raisers. Not everything does not have to be a fundraiser
- iPlan initiative
What a bunch of great ideas for our club from a great speaker.
Kiwanis is a global organization of volunteers dedicated to changing the world one child and one community at a time.
Kiwanis Club of Chester, Inc. - PO Box 2275 - Chester, VA 23831
Club Key: K06948